The Boos Building is one of Hammond’s oldest and most distinctive structures. Eve Boos purchased the corner lot in 1897. The building was completed in 1898 and became the home of Eve’s husband William’s barber shop.
The two story red brick building features a tall castellated parapet above rows of intricate brickwork. The corner entrance is a modern addition. The first floor also featured Hammond’s popular arched windows.