Wednesday, Aug. 29th, the Hammond History Action Team (HHAT) met to discuss updates and fall initiatives. The key topic was an upcoming "History Inventory Day."
For this meeting on September 18th, 2018 at 5:00 PM, the next steps pertaining to that will be discussed. Said next steps are:
- Contact Mandeville to find out how they organized and executed their history collection day (“Mining Old Mandeville”) - DONE
- Inventory Day Planning - NEXT MEETING
- Design communications strategy
- Set the date
- Find the venue
- Determine what we collect
- Determine how we collect it
- Establish how many volunteers we need and what their jobs will be
Please join us to further this initiative:
5:00 PM on Tuesday Sept. 18th in City Council Chambers (312 E. Charles).